Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Mel Gibson calls out ‘monumental mismanagement’ of LA fires by California government after losing his home

Published

on

Mel Gibson calls out 'monumental mismanagement' of LA fires by California government after losing his home

 

Actor Mel Gibson is joining the long list of elite residents who have accused elected officials of mishandling the Los Angeles fires.

 

 

Mel Gibson calls out 'monumental mismanagement' of LA fires by California government after losing his home

Gibson, who lost his home in the crisis, slammed California Gov. Gavin Newsom in an exclusive interview with Fox News contributor Raymond Arroyo.

“Well, first I thought it was, ‘Oh gee, bad luck, tragedy.’ But then I came to realize that it was monumental mismanagement by our elected officials; and that’s the nicest thing you can say about it,” Gibson said on the debut episode of the “Arroyo Grande with Raymond Arroyo” podcast.

While the Academy Award-winning filmmaker detailed how he was personally affected by the Los Angeles fires, a video played in the background of the aftermath as his home was burned to ashes.

Despite the California governor calling for serious changes to happen in wildfire combat and prevention, Gibson called out Newsom’s plan.

“As a citizen here, Newsom and [Los Angeles Mayor Karen] Bass, they want us to trust them to reimagine the city, our city, and how they think it should be. I mean, look at what they’ve done so far to this town,” he said.

“You got nothing but rampant crime, acute homelessness, high taxes, mismanagement of water, firefighters, defunding the department, and we’re supposed to trust them with millions of dollars to sort of remake where we live? It’s our city, it’s the city of the people, and they have another plan. … There’s still people from the Woolsey Fire still living in trailers. … When have you ever seen the government ‘build back better’? … At the very least, it’s insensitive.”

The massive and deadly fires broke out in the Los Angeles area on Jan. 7, forcing tens of thousands of residents to flee for safety as their homes and businesses were destroyed.

The “Flight Risk” director said that the loss of his home from the fires may be a preparation for his movie, “The Resurrection of the Christ,” as he described his burnt-down house as a “purification.”

“It was an odd mixture of sadness … kind of a weird realization and blessing … because I thought they’re just things. … I’m going to miss some stuff. There was valuable stuff … personal stuff, that just breaks my heart. … I feel like I’m being stripped down and prepared for something else. … That’s maybe very personal, but I feel like the Almighty’s preparing me to do something big,” he said.

Gibson is gearing up for his new role in “The Resurrection of the Christ.” The film is the sequel of his 2004 movie, “The Passion of the Christ.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS3 days ago

Did Emily Ratajkowski just make “adhesive thongs” a thing in her “naked pants” look? More Pictures below… 

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

JUST IN: Fans Are Convinced Travis Kelce’s Outfit Is a Nod to Girlfriend Taylor Swift as He Arrives for First NFL Game Since Podcast Broke the Internet — See More Photos

NEWS3 weeks ago

Breaking News: Serena Williams’ husband Alexis Ohanian reacts to wife’s “glamorous” look for Vanity Fair party

CELEBRITY3 weeks ago

JUST NOW: Chiefs TE Travis Kelce Suffers Neck Dislocation During Training Ahead of New NFL Season…Full Details in comment section… Read More

NEWS4 weeks ago

BREAKING” American Eagle Soars 24% After Trump Swoons Over Sydney Sweeney’s Jeans Ad” See more…

NEWS4 weeks ago

SHOCKING NEWS: “This is the final verdict…” – P. Diddy whispered the last 5 words before disappearing forever See more here

CELEBRITY4 weeks ago

Princess Kate just wore these £96 sunglasses to the Wimbledon finals

CELEBRITY4 weeks ago

He wants her to feel safe”: Travis Kelce is reportedly focused on prioritizing Taylor Swift’s privacy amid ongoing drama… Read more  

CELEBRITY1 month ago

JUST IN: ABC News Just Reported that Kayla Nicole has asked Taylor Swift to hide her face in shame as she flaunts her multi-million dollar engagement ring with ex-boyfriend Travis Kelce in…

CELEBRITY1 month ago

Serena Williams Slays in Steamy Bikini Photoshoot on a Yacht, see Steamy photos and videos here

CELEBRITY1 month ago

OMG!! Taylor Swift Breaks Down in Floods of Tears as Her Father, Scott Swift, Dies in Hospital After Heart Surgery…FULL DETAILS

NEWS1 month ago

BREAKING:”Jay Z’s Son Rymir FINALLY WINS | Beyonce BANS Him With Case Well, allegedly, Beyonce is also out here blocking the case and once again influencing it just like Rymir’s godmother said a while back”. See More…

Copyright © 2025 USAgists