Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Mel Gibson calls out ‘monumental mismanagement’ of LA fires by California government after losing his home

Published

on

Mel Gibson calls out 'monumental mismanagement' of LA fires by California government after losing his home

 

Actor Mel Gibson is joining the long list of elite residents who have accused elected officials of mishandling the Los Angeles fires.

 

 

Mel Gibson calls out 'monumental mismanagement' of LA fires by California government after losing his home

Gibson, who lost his home in the crisis, slammed California Gov. Gavin Newsom in an exclusive interview with Fox News contributor Raymond Arroyo.

“Well, first I thought it was, ‘Oh gee, bad luck, tragedy.’ But then I came to realize that it was monumental mismanagement by our elected officials; and that’s the nicest thing you can say about it,” Gibson said on the debut episode of the “Arroyo Grande with Raymond Arroyo” podcast.

While the Academy Award-winning filmmaker detailed how he was personally affected by the Los Angeles fires, a video played in the background of the aftermath as his home was burned to ashes.

Despite the California governor calling for serious changes to happen in wildfire combat and prevention, Gibson called out Newsom’s plan.

“As a citizen here, Newsom and [Los Angeles Mayor Karen] Bass, they want us to trust them to reimagine the city, our city, and how they think it should be. I mean, look at what they’ve done so far to this town,” he said.

“You got nothing but rampant crime, acute homelessness, high taxes, mismanagement of water, firefighters, defunding the department, and we’re supposed to trust them with millions of dollars to sort of remake where we live? It’s our city, it’s the city of the people, and they have another plan. … There’s still people from the Woolsey Fire still living in trailers. … When have you ever seen the government ‘build back better’? … At the very least, it’s insensitive.”

The massive and deadly fires broke out in the Los Angeles area on Jan. 7, forcing tens of thousands of residents to flee for safety as their homes and businesses were destroyed.

The “Flight Risk” director said that the loss of his home from the fires may be a preparation for his movie, “The Resurrection of the Christ,” as he described his burnt-down house as a “purification.”

“It was an odd mixture of sadness … kind of a weird realization and blessing … because I thought they’re just things. … I’m going to miss some stuff. There was valuable stuff … personal stuff, that just breaks my heart. … I feel like I’m being stripped down and prepared for something else. … That’s maybe very personal, but I feel like the Almighty’s preparing me to do something big,” he said.

Gibson is gearing up for his new role in “The Resurrection of the Christ.” The film is the sequel of his 2004 movie, “The Passion of the Christ.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Shocking: David Beckham's Ex-Assistant Rebecca Loos Admitted To The Claim Of Her Affair With David Beckham and Confesses " I never wanted to but He always...
CELEBRITY8 hours ago

Shocking: David Beckham’s Ex-Assistant Rebecca Loos Admitted To The Claim Of Her Affair With David Beckham and Confesses ” I never wanted to but He always…

David Beckham’s latest statement after being criticized that at the age of 16 he still often kissed girls and was too intimate with her. He said “I see it as very normal, I even…read more.
CELEBRITY1 day ago

David Beckham’s latest statement after being criticized that at the age of 16 he still often kissed girls and was too intimate with her. He said “I see it as very normal, I even…read more.

Multiple Casualties As Planes Collide In Arizona, Including Mötley Crüe Singer Vince Neil’s Jet
CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Multiple Casualties As Planes Collide In Arizona, Including Mötley Crüe Singer Vince Neil’s Jet

SHOCK: Elon Musk has health problems due to working long hours. He shared that working long hours, sometimes exceeding 80 hours a week, and admitted that this can affect his health. Doctors have diagnosed Elon Musk with the disease…see more
NEWS2 weeks ago

SHOCK: Elon Musk has health problems due to working long hours. He shared that working long hours, sometimes exceeding 80 hours a week, and admitted that this can affect his health. Doctors have diagnosed Elon Musk with the disease…see more

SHOCKING: Brad Pitt’s Daughter Shiloh Admits: “Diddy Made Me Wait in a Room for 12 Hours… Then He Came In and Forced Me To… When I Refused, He…” See More
CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

SHOCKING: Brad Pitt’s Daughter Shiloh Admits: “Diddy Made Me Wait in a Room for 12 Hours… Then He Came In and Forced Me To… When I Refused, He…” See More

Hailey Bieber considering legal steps over viral Selena Gomez, Justin videos
CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Hailey Bieber considering legal steps over viral Selena Gomez, Justin videos

NEWS2 weeks ago

You’re my endgame.”: WATCH THE BEAUTIFUL MOMENT Taylor Swift Says ‘Yes, I Do’ as Travis Kelce Proposes with a $6 Million Engagement Ring at the iHeartRadio Music Awards…VIDEO

Leonardo DiCaprio, 49, spotted engaging in public display of affection with 19-year-old girlfriend in the Caribbean ‘He previously broke up with his ex-girlfriend because she turn 25 years old’.
CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Leonardo DiCaprio, 49, spotted engaging in public display of affection with 19-year-old girlfriend in the Caribbean ‘He previously broke up with his ex-girlfriend because she turn 25 years old’.

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Step Out for Intimate Dinner Date in N.Y.C. After Park City Getaway (Exclusive Photos)
CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Step Out for Intimate Dinner Date in N.Y.C. After Park City Getaway (Exclusive Photos)

Kanye West roasts Playboi Carti over North West collaboration request
CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Kanye West roasts Playboi Carti over North West collaboration request

Kanye West leaks recorded prison call with Sean 'Diddy' Combs: Watch
CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Breaking New: Kanye West leaks recorded prison call with Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs: Watch

Cameron Diaz to quit acting after latest disappointing experience?
CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Cameron Diaz to quit acting after latest disappointing experience?

Copyright © 2025 USAgists